SSPI Upstate New York Chapter (US)
Welcome to the "Upstate" New York chapter of the Space & Satellite Professionals International. Serving the “new space and satellite” industry in Upstate, Central and Eastern New York State (the region North of Putnam County), this chapter represents the future of our industry. The influence of satellites on every single device, communication and society is increasing. Satellites are helping us manage the systems that enable middle classes to rise in parts of the world where none existed and creating wealth and well-being in societies everywhere. Deal flow, innovation and human networking are key to the growth of the industry. Our new chapter has them all in abundance!
Our Chapter works closely with the New York Space Alliance (NYSA) www.NYSpaceAlliance.org to make space happen....
- NYSA is a group of New York State Entrepreneurs, Financiers, Academics and Government Space Agencies dedicated to advancing Space Entrepreneurship & Space Innovation in our State.
- The Founding Members are from Columbia, Cornell and the SUN Y Buffalo, RITRE Corporation and the Silicon Valley Space Center (SVSC).
- NYSA is a Public Benefit Corporation (B Corp).
- NYSA will offer direct support, mentoring and training to foster Space Entrepreneurship and Innovation in New York State through series of programs:
- NYSA has been adding strategic participants to grow our team whose objectives align with ours and we encourage participation from all members of the NASA New York Space Grant.
Upstate New York Space Economy Ecosystem
|Shermane Austin||Medgar Evers College, CUNY (Computer Science)|
|Tom Balonek||Colgate Univ. (Physics & Astronomy)|
|Kevin Burke||Univ. at Buffalo (Electrical & Computer Engineering)|
|Monika Collins||Sciencenter (Director of Development & Community Relations)|
|Ron Crawford||Lockheed Martin, Owego|
|Derek Edinger||Ursa Space Systems, Inc.|
|Joseph Fargnoli||New York Center for Space Entrepreneurship|
|Susannah Fritton||City College of New York, CUNY (Biomedical Engineering)|
|Leon Johnson||Medgar Evers College, CUNY (Physics)|
|Vikram Kapila||New York Univ. (Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering)|
|Changhong Ke||Binghamton Univ. (Mechanical Engineering)|
|Becky Koopmann||Union College (Physics & Astronomy)|
|Craig McMurtry||Univ. of Rochester (Physics & Astronomy)|
|Erica Miles||Cornell Univ. (NYSG Associate Director & Program Coordinator)|
|Reshmi Mukherjee||Barnard College (Physics & Astronomy)|
|Sidney Nakahodo||New York Center for Space Entrepreneurship|
|Heidi Newberg||Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (Physics & Astronomy)|
|Tim Paglione||York College, CUNY (Earth & Physical Sciences)|
|Mason Peck||Cornell Univ (NYSG Director)|
|Peter Plumley||Syracuse Univ. (Civil & Environmental Engineering)|
|Paul Siegel||Stony Brook Univ. (Technology & Society, LSAMP Program)|
|Ellen Silbermann||Intrepid Sea, Air and Space Museum (Director of Public Programs)|
|Aaron Steinhauer||SUNY at Geneseo (Physics & Astronomy)|
|David Toot||Alfred Univ. (Physics & Astronomy)|
|Daniel Valentine||Clarkson Univ. (Mechanical & Aeronautical Engineering)|
|Kristie Werth||Moog Inc.|
|Michael Zemcov||Rochester Institute of Technology (Physics & Astronomy)|
|Jennifer Zirnheld||Univ. at Buffalo (Electrical and Computer Engineering)|
- No articles.
Interim officers and committee chairs:
President: Joseph D. Fargnoli,
Secretary: Marco DeMoorBey, (TBR)
Treasurer: Chris Hennelly (TBR)